Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hi all. This is my inagural post. I am in the process of rebuilding an old 1951 Dodge half ton pickup. Those from the era of 1948 to 1953 are called "Pilothouse" trucks. The name comes from the marketing campaign based on the idea that the driver sat high above the road and the panorama of glass completely around the cab, including corner glasses at the back of each side, gave the driver and passengers a view just as good as a riverboat Captain in his "Pilothouse."

I am looking back now on almost six decades of living life and my hindsight is well, pretty much, 20/20. I've often heard that good judgment is based on experience but unfortunately experience is usually based on bad judgment. I hope to make this blog both a technical discussion of rebuilding an old truck as well as observations from my own Pilothouse about the things I've learned along the way. Best regards,

No comments: